Pages

Friday, 31 March 2017

Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose Ear & Hair Trimmer, Wet/Dry

Comments on Review - Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose Ear & Hair Trimmer, Wet/Dry - starsI was very pleased at first but it was short lived...faulty design.

Amazon-o-holic says:
Same dang problem, came on here to buy another one (different company obviously). But wanted to see if I was alone in this issue... looks like I'm not by a lot. Junk.

AG says:
Same here for husband. Stopped working after short-term use.

Simone Shevelle says:
WHY aren't these reviews posted on the site? I had the same problem.

MagicMan says:
I don't work for the company but it has a two year warranty. Has anyone called them? I am thinking about buying this.

AG says:
I bought the product for husband. He used it several times and it just stopped working. Called Panasonic and the cost to ship back to them (product was under warranty) was too high to make it worthwhile. The shipping is on YOU, even though their product has failed you. I found Panasonic Customer service on this issue and another with a Boombox (mid-quality) to be very poor. Why buy a product where so many people have reviewed it and found it to not last very long before it stops working?

SBGA says:
Thank you so much for this review and all the reviewer comments!!!

Sammy D says:
I've used other Panasonic trimmers, and am looking at getting an additional one to keep in my gympack. The problem that is described here by you and others is probably inherent with all of these: They use an under-powered low-torque motor running off of a single AA battery. But I am convinced that this is as-intended. Better to have a weak motor stall than a strong one keep pulling and cutting if something gets caught in such sensitive areas. These are Wet-Dry units, and I really found that the "Wet" is imperative. If it stops turning, wet it. Keep it wet by rinsing periodically under water during use, and especially upon startup. If it doesn't start, loosen the cap, rinse, and try again. Running it under dry conditions could concievably create heat from dry friction and cause the resultant problems you've described, I guess. Actually, this is pretty amazing and to me, and actually seems commendable that it does not have such high internal friction under normal use that a little 1-cell AA could create all that heat in the cutting head. Anyway, for me, Wet/Dry is the way to go for durability (better seals against the environment, fluid lubrication protects and extends the life cutting blades, just like is universally used in CNC lathes, mills, etc. ) and function (it just works better when cuttings are continuously flushed-out rather than built-up inside the cutterhead). So that's my take on it. I guess I'll have to go ahead and get this one and see if it changes my mind. But if you haven't used it in the way I described, I'd recommend that.

Amazon Customer says:
Same experience here. Thanks for the confirmation - now I know not to buy another one.

Mrs. Sun says:
I just rinsed my "broken" trimmer with hot water after read your post. It starts working now. Thanks for your great tip.

Loophole64 says:
Wow, are you guys cleaning this thing out? It's probably getting stuck on a clog of hair. I've had this for 6 months with no problems. As others have indicated here, cleaning it might solve your problem. Fill a glass of water. turn the setting to clean. Turn on the trimmer. Stick it in the water. Woosh! You can also just remove the top to clean it.

Gary W Chaney says:
Happened to me too. Hope Amazon knows it is selling junk. It didn't cost much but I don't like throwing money in the garbage.

drifter81 says:
yep, same thing just happened to me after a couple of months

Adarsh Kumar says:
Completely agree!! It just stopped working after a little while...n this is the exact reason!!

Confluente says:
Worked fine at first but broke after a couple of months.

Carl says:
Yep, same thing happened to me today. Blades are all bent now. I wish you could just buy a replacement top with the blades included and swap them out, but I can't find parts for this thing anywhere. Guess it's junk now.

Last edited by the author on May 29, 2015, 11:48:09 AM PDT
SW says:
I have a Sharper Image nose trimmer I bought about about 10 or 12 years ago at the store itself when they were around. It's a little larger than the newer models, and it's uncomfortably loud for the ears, and I blacked out the light because it bothered my eyes, but I'm using the original blades and it's worked for all this time, just now starting to make a screechy sound under the spindle in the motor area. I wish I could find the same model again considering how well it cut and how long it lasted. I see two Sharper Image models, more expensive, and much more expensive than this Panasonic but they look different than what I have and I don't know if they have the same quality. I was resident because of reports of the failure of this Panasonic model but when I continue reading the comments they I like something I discovered would be sharper image that afterwhile restand but here is build up and stop it from working properly and the head and the boys need to be rinsed in hot water or even rinsed in alcohol and brushed out.

Posted on Jun 5, 2015, 2:11:57 PM PDT
Michael A Wagner says:
I had the same issue, after two uses.

John says:
Mine did not last long either, certainly not up to the 2 year warranty. Considering how little I have used it - once every 2-3 weeks for 2-3 minutes, that's a really short life. It's not worth the trouble to return though. It looks like the problem is the battery compartment and a faulty battery connection (cheaply made). Tried to fix it but no luck. I keep in mind that it is a $10 product, so I should limit my expectations.

I may buy it again with the hope it lasts this time.

Ken says:
Great post. I had a similar experience. Mine lasted about a year with light use (1-2 times a month) then had the same problem.

Thanks for confirming this is a design flaw and not just that I received a bad unit.

John says:
I bought a replacement anyway since I couldn't find anything that looked any better. And it is a relatively inexpensive item anyway. I did expect Panasonic to make a better profit than this.

Soniafm1027 says:
Which one would you recommend?

anubis says:
Ditto ... I'm experiencing the same grinding and binding and pulled hairs. Sad to say, but it's going in the trash. I'll shop for a different brand and design.

GFPH says:
If they called it Panasonic Disposable Nose Ear Trimmer and clearly listed it for 8-10 uses and then throw away... then it might be a big success. I'm not being sarcastic. I mean that's pretty cheap trims. $10 unit divided by 10 uses is only $1 per! How much do razors cost? Would you trim someone's nose and ear hair for a buck?!

D. Manly says:
I just had the same problem...mine worked for about 6 months...I only used it about once a month though....

joy123 says:
hi
if you like high quality nose hair trimmer I do have the JTrim Nose Hair Trimmer its excellent

joy123 says:
hi
if you like high quality I do have the JTrim Nose Trimmer its excellent

Johnnie says:
I had the exact same problem.

Vincent Catalano says:
Me too. Bought in July 2014, died February 2016.

Marky Mark says:
yeah, this is a kind of throw away item, may get a few months out of it, but overall it's not built to last. Mine worked well for maybe 6 months with occasional use.

Next.. Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose Ear & Hair Trimmer, Wet/Dry