Pages

Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEA1000400)

Bought to upgrade my stock PS4 hard drive. Formatted, installed software, and transferred backup. Can confirm I backed up to an internal hard drive using an external drive dock. Works perfectly.

Comments on Reviews Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEA1000400) - Works with PS4

Kindle Customer says:
was it difficult to replace? what is the best way to back up current game data?

The Coach says:
Hi,
I saw a video saying you have to download an update from Playstation.com and install it using a USB stick drive. Can you comment on that? When you swapped drives, did

you have to format with a PS4 update of some sort?

So did you do this:
1. Copy your ps4 files on an external HD
2. Swap the drives out
3. Recopy from the external HD back to the new drive

Thanks for the info

Jack Q. Regular says:
Hey B.L. Just wanted to say thanks for posting the picture. It's alarmingly difficult sometimes to find a hard yes-or-no answer to some pretty simple questions; such

as... will this freakin' thing work for me?!? Be well, and thanks again for the review!

wil says:
how thick is the drive itself? is it a 12.5mm? thanks

JBDV says:
Is the Drive still doing well for you? just installed it.

Nick Hamrick says:
I'm a complete idiot/newbie when it comes to messing with hard drives and the memory on a PS4. All I know is mine is out of memory and I'm wanting to add more but have

no idea where to start. Any advice would be appreciated.. I understand how to remove the harddrive from the PS4 I just don't know how to transfer all my data from the

basic 500GB drive to the 2TB drive. Thank You!

wil says:
to move your data you will need two hard drives: one to backup your current data (this drive needs to be at least as big as the one you are copying) and the second to

replace the drive in your system. The drives need to be formatted in FAT32, which you probably need a windows utility to do, and then backup to one hard drive from the

sony options. 2. Download the PS4 operating system from the sony website & put it on a flash drive. 3. remove the 2TB drive from the case & put it in the console. 4.

boot with the flash drive to reinstall the software. 4. restore your backup to the new hard drive from the sony menu

The Coach says:
Nick, what I finally did was to look up a local computer repair person and take it to him. He had the HD swapped in about 10 minutes and now my son's PS4 has 4x the

space. It cost me about $30

Mario Picca says:
Hi, I bought this for my ps4 I´m going to install it tomorrow. I want to know if this is ready to go? can I just put it inside the ps4 or do I have to format first in

FAT 32? does anybody knows? thanks.

Amazon Customer says:
How difficult was the entire process? I really want to upgrade my Ps4 memory but am kind of afraid to try it.

David Moore says:
Hey how did you make it work for your ps4? It said it cannot be used for mine

wil says:
has to be formatted to fat32

Diana C. says:
How well did your ps4 perform with the new card

B. L. Baca says:
It's been almost two years, and the drive still works great.

B. L. Baca says:
Sorry for the late response. It only takes about 10 minutes and basic handtools to do. I'd rate it 2 out of 5 on difficulty. The hardest part being prying the case

apart to take the drive out. There are several good youtube videos explaining how to backup your game data.

B. L. Baca says:
Thanks for the comments! Sorry it took so long for me to respond!

B. L. Baca says:
I did steps 1 and 2, followed by using the thumb drive to install the system software from sony's website back to the playstation. After that, I transferred my data

over. Sorry for such a late response!

B. L. Baca says:
I honestly have no idea, I just know it was thin enough to fit in the PS4.

B. L. Baca says:
Almost two years and it still works like a champ! Sorry for the late response!

B. L. Baca says:
Sorry for such a late response. I hope you got everything working, but if not, refer to this article which does a great job explaining it:

B. L. Baca says:
Sorry for the late response, I hope you were able to figure out the upgrade process. If not, please check here:

Thank you!

B. L. Baca says:
On a scale from 1 to 5, it's about a 1.5. The hardest part is taking the drive out of the case. Refer to this article for the complete instructions:

Sorry for the late response!

B. L. Baca says:
This article has the whole process I followed:

As long as the drive hasn't changed, it should be fine.

B. L. Baca says:
To backup your data to an existing drive, yes, it has to be formatted in fat32. I believe the new drive will be formatted when you initialize the ps4, so it shouldn't

matter.

Pac says:
Does it fit properly in the 500Gig spot INSIDE of the ps4? Im planning on buying the 2TB.

Yes, it fits just fine.

spooks says:
Upgraded 500GB to 2TB on my PS4 with this hard drive. Works great!

Amazon Customer says:
Was it easy to do? I'm hesitant to open up my ps4 as I've never taken something like this apart before but the stock HD is so small I want to do this.

The Coach says:
Actually I was too. We found a local computer guy who did it for $25. Breaking open the case voids the PS4 warranty but I felt better because this guy has done it a

lot.

The Coach says:
Yes. And then I used the 2TB case and put the 500 GB PS4 drive in that. Reformatted and I have a 500 GB portable drive

Next.. Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEA1000400)

No comments: