Pages

Monday, 3 April 2017

Comments on Review iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 7s 6s Plus 6s 5s 5c Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge S6 S5 Note 5 - A great mount, but might cause dashboard damage

D. Johnston says:
Did you try Grimes Boss wipes?

Blake D. Blakely says:
What make/model is your car?
It looks similar to mine and I dont want to have the same problem occur.

Jared D. Sparks says:
all adhesive leaves residue, good adhesive removes parts of your dash with it. Don't give bad reviews because you didn't know that putting something sticky on your dash would leave residue. User error is not a problem with the product.

Sean M Hueber says:
I had the same problem, but when I took it to the car wash, to my surprise, they removed it. So it is possible to remove. Please note that there is still a slight indentation from where it use to be. I now mount this inverted the top of an opening below the infotainment system and the climate controls on my Forester (there is a flat spot, just wide enough next to a recessed light.

DarrenR says:
Thanks for your review. I will be avoiding this product

C. Oye says:
Please don't try Goo Gone, as it will almost certainly damage the soft surface. Good luck removing the stain. :(

Jamie Dorman says:
There's a cleaning product called Krud Kutter that I'm sure will remove any adhesive or the like causing the mark.... keeping in mind, of course, that if there's a divot where the item was stuck down, or if part of the dash came up with it, that mark or indentation will remain. However, the shiny, oily look will be gone, so it should look a hundred times better. I have no idea what your dash is made of, so please test in an inconspicuous spot. The only problem I've ever had with Krud Kutter is that it will take paint off of whatever you spray it on IF (and only if) it's left on for longer than necessary. Spray it on, wipe it off...... whatever stain or mark you were trying to remove will be gone with very little rubbing (if any). To be safe and thorough, wipe the area with a damp (water only) cloth in order to remove left over residue. I've used it on expensive leather couches to remove crayon and sharpie, without any ill effect. It's a fantastic product.... and they claim it's non-toxic and biodegradeable, as well. It has replaced at least 4 other cleaning agents in my household. Good luck!

Jay Cummings says:
Was thinking same. Have new Tahoe :0

Justin Jones says:
2015 Ford Fusion
Permalink | Report abuse
0 of 1 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you? Yes No
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2016, 10:41:52 PM PDT
Justin Jones says:
The thing was a suction cup... like car cellphone mounts I've owned in the past. Figured the adhesive was just for a little more stickiness.. not a permanent bond.
Permalink | Report abuse
2 of 3 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you? Yes No
Posted on May 1, 2016, 7:20:45 AM PDT
Amazon Customer says:
Use a Magic Eraser from Walmart, 1 dollar and it will be gone!!!

Goo Gone may work as well, but Magic eraser should take it off.

VeryOpinionated says:
Can't seem to reconcile how the fact that your obvious mistake reflects on the product. They have to account for the heat on dashboards when they select the double-sided tape. The fact that you stuck in in your line of sight while driving tells me enough not to take this review seriously. Sorry about your dashboard but use goo-gone or denatured alcohol to remove the residue. Then don't forget to treat the spot with leather protector.

Ottonic says:
Seems like a nice product except for the stain. Like I have used in the past, I will stick a protective barrier between the dash and the base. On one of my cars my dash wont hold the siction cup, so I cut a thin piece of plexiglass and stuck that to my dash with clear removable two sided tape, and stuck the suction cup base on the plexiglass and it holds well. even through the hot summer heat the plexiglass stayed. I had the tape in my junk drawer so I don't know what brand it is... I used it on other areas, and it removed without any noticable damage. I did have to use a type of goo gone to clean it to perfection. By the way, the dash is a navy blue color.

Amazon Customer says:
prepared dash surface and used it properly. Unfortunately, I wish I had re more reviews. The sticky suction did NOT WORK!!! I am so unhappy the product did not secure itself. The hot car temperature must have caused failure within minutes. I tried several times and cannot express my disappointment. I'll be shipping it back and go for a vent mount. It looks reliable.

Surya Chataut says:
Have you tried this solution (looks like really worked for him) http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7833121-iOttie-mount-shiny-discolored-dashboard-damage-SOLUTION!!!&p=95553121#post95553121

Amazon Customer says:
i returned this

Amazon Customer says:
As Dumb as it sounds WD-40 will work then just use a shiner/cleaner for the type of material your dash is to clean up the wd-40 and give the dash shine/new look so everything is 5 by 5.

S. Joiner says:
303 is good stuff

Byron says:
My friend recommends me to purchase another car charger from Vansky. I use it very well and it doesn’t have the issue you said. You can see from the link: http://amzn.to/2d5kRwI

Rusty says:
Captain Obvious is right; "Goo Gone" is a great product, use it to take glue off of paint when removing car emblems, nothing else works.

Irma Haroon says:
What product do you recommend?

Gyorgy F. says:
Goo gone was very successful for me. After using 2 years this product, it practically melted onto my dashboard. Goo gone was very effective by removing the sticky particles. After it I just used some Windex to clean up the oily Goo gone, and everything is fine now.

Amazon Customer says:
Its sad what happened to your car but the product shows it has a very strong grip which is the point! now the quality of the dash on your car is another story. and yes I have the product and it works very good and the way is suppose to.

Saekit says:
Clearly, you've been loathing too much and don't know anything about goo gone

Next.. iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 7s 6s Plus 6s 5s 5c Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge S6 S5 Note 5

No comments: